Bicycling is one thing I loved to do as a child and still do today. The new Bike Ride stamp set and coordinating framelits made my heart smile when I first saw it. And guess what? I won this set at OnStage!
What I don’t have right now is the coordinating Framelits. So to use this set (I totally can’t wait for the Framelits) I needed to mask and get creative.
But wait! That’s my job and I’m dang good at it…let’s see.
So it is possible to create a card just using the stamps…
Glamour close up…is that puppy cute or what?
Some masking keeps the wheels behind the bike frame.
And a peek inside. I intentionally let the sentiment off to add later.
I have a bike with a basket and that bench in the back and stamped this one the same color as mine…I love it. Will I be ordering the framelits next Tuesday?…You betcha!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Daffodil Delight, Watermelon Wonder and Bermuda Bay Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, Old Olive, Sahara Sand and Baked Brown Sugar (retired)
- Stamps: Bike Ride and Colorful Seasons (sentiment) and Gorgeous Grunge (road lines)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Glitter Enamel Dots, Itty Bitty Flower Punch (retired), Stencil
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Bermuda Bay layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to based card with SNAIL
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment with Archival Basic Black at top right corner. Stamp main frame of bike in Coastal Cabana (or whatever color you want your bike to be) then stamp on post it note and “fussy cut” a mask. Add mask over bike. Stamp tires in Smoky Slate, rims in Coastal Cabana. Add pupply bench in Coastal Cabana. Add basket using two step stamping. Stamp solid in Baked Brown Sugar and outline stamp in Archival Basic Black. Stamp outline of leaves and flowers. Color with markers in Daffodil Delight, Watermelon Wonder and Old Olive.
- Remove mask. Stamp puppy in Baked Brown Sugar and Archival Basic Black. Use Watermelon Wonder for his kerchief.
- Stamp handlebar handles, bike seat and pedals in Coastal Cabana. Add streamers from handles with marker.
- Using markers add tire, rim and spokes where they are missing on back wheel.
- Mask wheels and add post it note across card front where you want the road to be. I used a stencil and Baked Brown Sugar to imply tire prints and Smoky Slate lines using Gorgeous Grunge.
- Unmask wheels. Punch flowers in three colors or stamp on scrap Whisper White the largest flower from basket color with marker and fussy cut. Add to card front with glue dots. I was going for flowers flying out of the basket…
- Inside there is a layer of Bermuda Bay 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ with a Whisper White layer on top 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp the black outline and then the flowers in Daffodil Delight. I used Sahara Sand for the paper wrap stamp.
It will be interesting to see how different this same card will look when I have those framelits in my hot little hands. I’ll re-do this card and post it…might even change the color!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And keep those fingers inky…you’ll be HaPpY!