Today’s post could be a Valentine…even though it is not in the traditional red/pink color combo. It could be a birthday card. Or maybe a “just because” card to say I love you…
and a peek inside…
Did you notice the envelope peeking out underneath?
Over the weekend one afternoon was spent playing with water color paper, a water spritzer and Ken Oliver’s Color Burst pigment. Pieces of water color paper in every imaginable combination of colors were lying on all surfaces of the studio. They were left to dry overnight and I couldn’t wait to get up the next morning to check out the colors and some of the techniques I used for textures.
Today’s flower is a result of that day’s experiments. And it just happens to look well with SU!’s Calypso Coral ink and Seam Binding Ribbon.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Blushing Bride Cardstock, plus Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Calypso Coral
- Stamps: Special Reason and Gorgeous Grunge (splats) and Gift of Love (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Calypso Coral Seam Binding (retired), Linen Thread, coordinating thinlits to Special Reason Stamp Set
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Blushing Bride layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Cut flower using flower thinlit at bottom right corner. Also cut out two leaves and another small leaf from scrap Whisper White. Stamp sentiment in bottom right corner with Archival Basic Black. Stamp flower on post it note and “fussy cut” for a mask. Lay mask over flower and stamp “splats” in Calypso Coral at an angle. Remove mask.
- Cut a small piece of DSP and attach behind leaves with multipurpose glue. If you have water colored a piece for the flower, attach with multipurpose glue behind the flower.
- Add a band of ribbon at top and attach at back with SNAIL. Make a bow with several loops tying center with Linen Thread. Attach to band with glue dots.
- Add strips of adhesive to back of this layer and attach over Blushing Bride layer. Add small leaf cut out to front with multipurpose glue.
- Inside the Blushing Bride layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a layer of Whisper White 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ on top. The flower was cut from water color paper and “fussy cut” then added to bottom right corner with multipurpose glue. Add “splats” in Calypso Coral at an angle from bottom right corner.
- The envelope was taken apart and the smaller flower was cut out. The same piece of water color paper was added with multipurpose glue to inside of envelope then the sides were reattached with SNAIL. Just a little something extra to make Hallmark take notice…
Look for more projects made with splashes of water color coming in the days ahead. It sure is nice to have them on hand a ready to go…
Thanks so much for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
especially the latter.
Stay inky…be HaPpY!