How cute is this card and message?
This card would make a nice addition to your stash under “All Occasion”. Inside by adding a happy birthday, or thank you or even thinking of you, you’d have a card ready. And while writing this post it occurred to me that if this card was made with the new designer series paper Urban Underground, you would have an amazing masculine card too!
Having had the experience just this morning of needing a masculine card…this would have been the perfect card. I’ll be posting one for you soon. I so need to replenish my masculine stash!
Here’s another view of today’s post…
Here you can see the flowers do have dimension…”fussy cut” from DSP, rounded on foam mat and applied with dimensionals.
And a peek inside…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this little cutie…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla Cardstock, plus Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper and Silver Foil
- Ink: Early Espresso and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Flourishing Phrases (sentiment, cover) Feather Together (sentiment, inside)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Ribbon, Scalloped Top Punch
- The base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Crumb Cake layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″. As I look at this card today, I would suggest rounding the corners of this piece. Attach to DSP layer with SNAIL at an angle.
- The Silver Foil layer is 2″ x 2-1/4″. Punch with Scallop Top Punch and score at 1″ from straight side. Attach to top of Crumb Cake layer with SNAIL. Add a piece of ribbon that coordinates with the DSP you are using. Add sentiment to center of Crumb cake.
- Cut a piece of DSP 3/8″ x 3-1/4″ and attach to bottom of Crumb Cake with SNAIL.
- “Fussy cut” flowers from DSP. Add the first two with SNAIL and give dimension to the last flower by lying it right side down on Stamping Pierce Mat and rub in circles with round blunt end to give dimension. Add to other flowers with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a layer of Watermelon Wonder 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached with SNAIL
- The DSP layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The Whisper White layer is 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- Flowers are “fussy cut”, rounded on Piercing Mat and attached with dimensionals.
So yesterday was Kit Class here at Rambling Rose Studio and the kit chosen this month was the Oh So Succulent kit on page 22 of the Occasions Catalog…
There was nothing difficult about this kit and once started we decided to “decorate” our succulents with some different kinds of ink treatments before putting them together.
Here’s Jan stamping the banner…
And here’s Carol showing off her potted succulents (she had plenty left over to decorate some frames she had)…
and a close up (pardon the creative mess!)…
For those who want to know, the container was purchased at Hobby Lobby, $9.99). Spaces between flowers were filled in with gift filler from Hobby Lobby.
Hope your day is awesome!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
But do stay inky…you’ll be HaPpY!