Today’s post is an easel card using the Joseph’s Coat Technique. I watched Sandi MacIver on YouTube using this technique and couldn’t wait to give it a try…
Here’s how mine turned out and some tips for me to remember and you to consider if you would like to experiment like I did…
And here is a shot with the easel set up…
Would you like to know how this technique called Joseph’s Coat is done? Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Water Color Paper, Daffodil Delight and Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Water Color or Color Burst, Night of Navy, Pool Party
- Stamps: Butterfly Basics (sentiment), Awesomely Artistic (fern leaves), First Sight (flourish) and Watercolor Wings (butterfly)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Bold Butterfly Framelits, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Linen Thread, Clear Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Label Framelit included in a flip card set, Navy permanent marker, Wind of Stella Clear, VersaMark
- The Daffodil Delight base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ and 2 3/4″ (fold back for card front to attach to)
- You might want to do this part of the card the night before…Trim Water Color paper to 4″ x 5 1/4″. If you are using Color Burst or regular Water Colors, mist liberally and drop or spray your color. Tip: Use light and bright colors on this layer. Let dry thoroughly or over night.
- Stamp flourish and butterfly in VersaMark, add clear embossing powder and heat. Here I used Night of Navy stamp pad to drag over the water color paper. Use a wet wipe to clear the embossed images. Color over butterfly with Wink of Stella. Add a piece of seam binding around and attach to back. Loop bow and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add to card front with glue dots.
- Stamp greeting on Whisper White and cut with framelit. Cut another layer in Daffodil Delight and attach with adhesive and then to card front with dimensionals.
- The Whisper White layer that attaches to the base card at the 2 3/4″ fold is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- The Daffodil Delight layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to the Whisper White with adhesive.
- Attach the Water Color layer to Daffodil Delight layer with tear tape.
- Inside there is a 3″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Thick Whisper White stamped in lower right corner with flourish in Night of Navy. Two pieces of trimmed water color paper are glued at the bottom, then this layer is attached with adhesive to inside of card.
- The butterfly was stamped in Night of Navy on Daffodil Delight with a coat of Wink of Stella Clear. The top butterfly is cut with framelit from Pool Party and given a coat of Wink of Stella and attached to first butterfly with glue dots. The assembled butterfly is attached to card inside with dimensional. Color rhinestones and attach.
Because the sentiment is nonspecific, this card could be used for several occasions including birthday, get well, thanks, wedding, etc.
This technique gives you many layers of different colors. Its interesting to see the light, bright colors show through the darker top color. I hope you will be inspired to give this technique a try…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Look at that background…may be the same technique!
Get Happy…with inky fingers!