Today I’m posting a card I couldn’t wait to make or show you. After watching a video by Lydia Fiedler, I created this Christmas card.
Let’s get to it…
To make this one you have to be willing to get your fingers inky…REALLY inky. But aside from that, this card goes together quickly and gives a big WOW! factor.
When you get your Handmade for the Holidays Catalog (coming to class? Got you covered) check the Edgelits Dies on page 12. I almost fell off my chair when I saw theses cuties. And the stamp set that coordinates is available in a bundle saving you 15%.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White and Heavy Whisper White cardstock.
- Ink: Tempting Tourquise, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy and Memento Black
- Stamps: Jingle All The Way
- The Pool Party base card is 5 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The sponged Whisper White layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, sponged first with Tempting Tourquise, then Rich Razzleberry leaving the tourquise showing at the horizon line and Night of Navy around the top and side edges. Don’t be gentle, really rub the color into the paper. Sprinkle water over this layer with your fingers and left dry. Brush over the sponged area with Versamark, sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds and heat. Attach to card front with adhesive.
- The Heavy Whisper White layer is 2″ x 4 1/8″. Align the edgelit so Santa’s hat is at the top edge and run through the Big Shot. Magic! Now stamp the sentiment in Memento Black. I attached this layer with dimensionals.
- Inside I have a white layer and the sentiment “merry everything”.
What a wonderful new product! Along with this Santa there is a row of tiny houses and another edgelit with trees. I’ll be showing a few more cards made with this bundle.
If I were making multiples of this card, I’d get all the sponging done first so my hands would be clean for cutting that Whisper White layer.
Not coming to class but still need a catalog? Just drop me your mailing info in the comments section.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Isn’t that the truth…I’m in cleaning gear today cause I’ve got classes coming up this weekend and next week.
I’m inky…and HaPpY!