Why not put succulents in a jar? These will look perfect without any water or sunshine…but will surely brighten someone’s special day!
Check out the envelope flap…
See? The succulents really are inside the jar…and a close up of the Linen Thread Bow…
The Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper pulls all the colors together for you…
In this close up you can see the dimension of the jar and lid…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Sweet Sugar Plum and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugar Plum, Old Olive, Mint Macaron, Smoky Slate and Tip Top Taupe
- Stamps Oh So Succulent and Jar of Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Window Sheet, Everyday Jar Framelits, Strip Adhesive
- The Tip Top Taupe base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Sweet Sugar Plum layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The checked DSP layer is 3-3/4″ x 3″ attached to top of Sweet Sugar Plum layer with SNAIL
- The flowered DSP is 3-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ attached to card front and overlapping checked layer with SNAIL
- On scrap Thick Whisper White stamp jar lid and jar using Smoky Slate. Cut out with coordinating framelits. Use center of jar framelit to cut away inside jar. Cut another jar from scrap Thick Whisper White with framelit. Do not stamp this jar. Cut another jar out of Window Sheet.
- Glue Window Sheet jar to back of stamped jar with multipurpose glue. Let dry. Wrap Linen Thread three times around stamped jar and attach at back with glue dots. Place Strip Adhesive around all back edges and set aside.
- Add Strip adhesive to jar lid and attach to card front at an angle top left of card front.
- Now let’s plant those succulents on the cut out jar that is not stamped…yet. I stamped three plants one Rich Razzleberry, and two Mint Macaron and Old Olive and cut these three out with coordinating framelits. On the jar itself stamps one large Rich Razzleberry plant bottom right, one Tip Top Taupe in bottom left and the spikey plant above. With dimensionals add the cut out plants and place them where you like them. Remove protective paper from edges of stamped jar and place over the jar with the stamped plants. How cute is that?
- Add the jar ‘o succulents to the card front with multipurpose glue.
- The sentiment was stamped in Rich Razzleberry and hand cut with snips. Use SNAIL to add to card front.
- For the Linen Bow you can create your own or check my video on YouTube here.
- Inside there is a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ layer of Sweet Sugar Plum with a Whisper White layer 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ on top. I stamped one Rich Razzleberry plant in lower right corner.
- On the envelope a layer of DSP was added with SNAIL to the flap to coordinate with card front.
While making this card I decided to make a real jar of succulents using the stamp set and framelits. I’ll show you that in the next few days. It needs a little more work yet.
So are all of you enjoying Sale-A-Bration and the free goodies? I’d love to know what your favorite FREE set or product is…
How your day has been awesome.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Be HaPpY…get those fingers inky!