My favorite time of the year…except maybe spring. I love spring too. Summer too if it doesn’t get too hot and winter if it’s not too awful cold.
But fall, seriously people who could not love fall?
So I made myself (this NEVER happens) a little home décor piece…
and another eclipse project for you.
A little “fussy” cutting to include the acorns.
Fall leaf colors done with the new “Blends” alcohol pens.
Can’t wait to add this to our living space for the fall season.
Do you ever make home décor pieces…for yourself? I swear usually I give everything away, but not this time!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Sunflowers…Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze. Leaves and acorns: Blends Pens Old Olive, Daffodil Delight Light and Dark, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake plus Memento Black Ink
- Stamps: Painted Harvest and Count My Blessings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large Letters Framelits, Blends or Alcohol based pens, Fun Foam
- The frame was purchased at Hobby Lobby and the opening is 6″ x 10″ ($13.95 less 40%) DEAL! So the Thick Whisper White was cut 6″ x 10″. The glass was thrown away. Sometimes I save the glass to use as a painting palette, but there are too many here in the studio already.
- The Leaves were stamped with Memento Black Ink. Stamp a leaf on Post It Note and cut out for a mask. Then stamp the center leaf, cover with mask and stamp the remaining two leaves on either side. Remove mask.
- Using the Blends Pens I colored the leaves individually finishing one before starting another. Add the Daffodil Delight to the center, then the Dark Daffodil Delight around the edges. Using the Light Daffodil Delight color over where the two colors meet to soften the color transition. Add some Bermuda Bay here and there for interest. You can go over this color with the Light Daffodil Delight and it turns a pretty shade of green and softens it a little. The acorns and leaves were stamped and colored with the same pens excluding the Coastal Cabana on scrap Thick Whisper White and “fussy” cut.
- Stamp a mask on Post It Note and cut out. Stamp three sunflowers in the lower left corner. After you stamp the first sunflower, cover with mask and stamp the remaining two.
- Remove mask and add acorns with dimensionals.
- Add a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet on the back where the letters will be on the stamped piece and run through Big Shot. Add Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to back of Fun Foam and cut out letters again.
- Place another sheet of cardstock behind your stamped piece for framing. Add foam letters then the letters that have stamping on them over the top of the foam letters. Add to frame and ENJOY!
This was fun to do and I’m sure I’ll enjoy seeing it in my home. We should live with our art!
It’s so hard to wrap your mind around the Las Vegas massacre…unimaginable tragedy.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!