This designer series paper I’ve used in my post today is the last piece. I’ve saved it for something really special and today is the day…
Was this one of your favorite DSP’s in the Serene Scenery Paper Stack? This is my last piece so I wanted to make it count. And, of course, I couldn’t help but use this sentiment…my favorite season is almost here!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand and Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack (love this paper!)
- Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Soft Suede
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches, Sweet Home, Flourishing Phrases, Halloween Cookie Cutter
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Branches Thinlits, Home Framelits and Phrases Thinlits, Linen Thread, Cookie Cutter Punch
- The Sahara Sand base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Serene Scenery DSP is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- I used the “thumping” method (video here ) to color the leaves with the stamp from Thoughtful Branches, spritzed with water before stamping and cut out with coordinating Thinlit. I made nine leaves. Draw a light circle where you want your wreath positioned in pencil for a guide. Glue four leaves evenly spaced with Multipurpose Glue. Add five more leaves evenly spaced with a dimensional. Cut five stems from Whisper White cardstock with Phrases Thinlit. Cut each in half and use the top portion placed around the wreath with Multipurpose Glue.
- Stamp scarecrow from Halloween Cookie Cutter with Basic Black on Thick Whisper White. Color with markers and cut with Cookie Cutter Punch. Add to center of wreath with dimensionals. Stamp banner from Sweet Home set in Basic Black and cut with Framelit from Home Framelits. Add sentiment from set or write with Micron Pen to personalize. Add to scare crow with dimensionals.
- Make bow with Linen Thread (video here) and add to bottom of wreath with glue dots.
- The inside has a Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with two of the “thumped” leaves at the top left corner.
Hope you enjoyed my fall card today. Are you looking forward to fall too? We have had one of the hottest and driest summers on record here so believe me, we are all ready for the cool temps of fall.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Today is “National Dog Day” and although my Zoe doesn’t consider herself a dog by any means, here’s a pic of her where she lays each day next to the desk in my studio. You have no idea how many times I fold that afghan and she pulls it down and makes a next for herself dragging it across the room to be next to my desk. Love this little girl…
Get inky this weekend…Be HaPpY!