Today there is masking (which I always say is my favorite stamping technique) and two new stamp sets to create a card that would be appropriate for many occasions…
This is just a 3-1/2″ x 5″ notecard. It would work for a birthday, thinking of you, feel better kind of card, don’t you think? Me too.
If you were here with me in my studio and looked through my stamp collection, you would find the majority of the stamps to be nature oriented. I just can’t resist a beautiful flower, tree, scene or animals!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecard plus Whisper White, Water color paper and Soft Sky Cardstock
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Peekaboo Peach, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky and Basic Black
- Stamps: Best Birds and Gorgeous Grunge
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Flourish Thinlits, Birds & Blooms Thinlits, 2-1/2″ Circle Framelit, sequins
- The Soft Sky layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″ attached with adhesive to the 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecard
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. Punch a 2-1/2″ circle from a post it note and place over the Whisper White layer. Sponge Watermelon Wonder, then Peekaboo Peach and finally Daffodil Delight inside the circle. Tip: You may want to place pieces of post it note around the edges before sponging to keep from getting ink on your card front. Stamp sentiment in upper left corner in Basic Black. Using the Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp with Watermelon Wonder add some splats. Cut the flower vine using the Flourish Thinlits and Thick Whisper White. Add flourish to card front with multipurpose glue over sponging. Attach this layer to the card front over the Soft Sky layer with adhesive.
- Stamp bird on Water Color Paper in Basic Black and using the lid of your stamping pad and an Aqua Pen paint your bird then cut with Birds & Blooms Thinlits. Add to card front with dimensionals. Add three sequins to card front with multipurpose glue.
I just love this little notecard and have decided to add this design to my Hope Note cards.
Talked to Sweetums this morning which was night for him. He arrived safely but was unable to sleep in his first class bed. What? This guy can sleep on a dime! Must have been nerves.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m inky…and HaPpY!