Ideally, card backgrounds should add interest but not take away from the focal point of the card.
It’s so much fun creating backgrounds. Today’s post is one of my favorites…
It would be hard to outshine that floral focal point.
Lots of texture going on in this close up…
And a peek inside…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Smoky Slate and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: VersaMark and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Feather Together (sentiment), Delicate Details (background)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Clear Embossing Powder, Stylish Stems Framelits Dies, Stampamajig or MISTI, Ken Oliver’s Color Burst, Lace Embossing Folder (retired)
- The Smoky Slate base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Smoky Slate layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using all the Delicate Details stamps with VersaMark Ink stamp one half then the other half of this layer. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder and heat. You can align these stamps on the largest acrylic block placed on grid paper. You can use a stampamajig or a MISTI to get your image straight. Adhere to card front with SNAIL
- The Whisper White sentiment piece is 1-1/2″ x 4-1/8″. Stamp sentiment first in Archival Basic Black, then emboss. The one I used is retired but it matched the lace background so perfectly, I had to use it. You can certainly substitute with whatever you have in you stash. Attach to card front with SNAIL
- The water colored paper in the background of the flower was made by spritzing water color paper with water and spraying with Ken Oliver’s Color burst. Some days I just make sheets of this type of water colored paper so that I have them on hand when working on a project. Cut the flower from Smoky Slate, and the background from the solid flower die. Attach together with Thin Tipped Glue and to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the card you can see I did a reverse of the card front flower using a piece of the same water colored paper attached over a piece of Whisper White CS that is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with SNAIL
This is a good “all occasion” card to have in your card file. The sentiment could be anything, but you do have to commit to a sentiment while making this card because of the embossing.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post and you have been inspired by something you have seen or read.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…stay HaPpY!