Who loves owls? Me! And I bet you do too. What could be cuter than two owls from the Cozy Critters stamp set? Love that fox in this set too.
I created a small night scene for this nocturnal pair with some sponging, a big full moon and some stars and then added the happy greeting from the Greetings From Santa stamp set.
Maybe what gives it that little special “something” is the window sheet encased in the card front…
Aren’t they the cutest sitting there in the moonlight? And here’s the card opened…
A little masking and out comes the moon and stars!
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus By the Shore Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive
- Stamps: Cozy Critters and Greeting from Santa (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Window Sheet, Owl Punch, Confetti Stars Border Punch, Post It Note for masking, sponge, Circle Framlits and 1-3/4″ Circle Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″.
- Score card front at 2-3/4″.
- Cut a piece of DSP 4-1/8″ x 2-5/8″ and attach to top card front with SNAIL.
- Center a 3″ Circle Framelit over 2-3/4″ score line and cut card front and DSP at same time.
- Cut a piece of window sheet 4″ x 2-5/8″. Glue with Multipurpose Glue to inside top of card front. Fold on score line and attach bottom of card front over window sheet with glue or SNAIL.
- Using a 1-3/4″ Circle Punch cut a sheet of post it note. Add the circle where you want your moon positioned on inside top of card. Mask top and bottom. Sponge Island Indigo with moon mask in place.
- Remove moon mask and using the negative piece of post it, sponge moon with Daffodil Delight and More Mustard around edges. Remove mask.
- Punch stars from Whisper White and attach over sky using Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut a 2-5/8″ x 4-1/8″ piece of DSP for bottom of inside card and attach with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White 2-1/2″ x 4″. Stamp sentiment and attach over DSP with SNAIL.
- On scrap Whisper White stamp two owls and color with markers. Stamp one branch in Old Olive. Punch out owls and “fussy cut” branch.
- Add branch and one owl with Multipurpose glue. Add second owl with dimensionals placed on back of head.
The window with the night sky showing makes this card just a little something different. I’m not sure I’d want to mass produce this card, but I’ll enjoy sending it to someone special who loves owls as much as me!
Got a little “day trip” planned tomorrow to a quaint little town for a Christmas celebration with a couple of friends in Franklin, Tennessee. Ever been there? It’s such a cute town especially at Christmastime.
Hope you will enjoy your weekend too.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky and be HaPpY!