You can see I’ve gotten stuck making cards with these gorgeous edgelits…I can not stop myself!
This is the last one for now…I’ve got so many other things to share with you. Where to start?
Here’s today’s “home for Christmas” card…
This card uses all three edgelits in the set and sets the scene for Santa’s Christmas Eve ride complete with snow and stars.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White and Heavy Whisper White, plus Pool Party Cardstock
- Ink: Memento Black, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy
- Stamps: Jingle All the Way
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sleight Ride Edgelits, Two-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds, sponges and fun foam (non SU!) optional.
- The Pool Party base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, Sponged at the top 1/3 with Tempting Turquoise, then Rich Razzleberry (leaving a turquoise horizon line) and last with Night of Navy on the top and side edges. Dip your fingers into clean water and sprinkle where you have sponged and let it dry. The result will hopefully resemble stars. Attach this layer to card front with adhesive.
- Cut the Heavy Whisper White 2″ x 4 1/8″, 3″ x 4 1/8″ and 4″ x 4 1/8″. Cut the 2″ tall piece with the tree edgelit. Cut the house edgelit with the 3″ tall piece and the Santa with the 4″ tall piece. Add two-way glue to the curve under the trees, houses and sleigh and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds.
- Stamp the sentiment on the 2″ tall piece with the trees.
- Attach the sleigh 4″ tall layer with adhesive to the card front. You can optionally cut fun foam pieces for the last two layers and glue them to the backs of the last two layers to lift them up or you can attach with dimensionals. I like the fun foam because it feels so solid. You do what you like best…either way works.
- Here is a side view so you can see the layers…
That’s all there was to it…I hope you enjoyed this post and when the new holiday catalog goes live you’ll be inspired to purchase this bundled set (edgelits and stamp set) at a 15% discount and give this card a try.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m not really like that in the mornings…but I have a son who is famous for his sour morning attitude!
Are you inky?….then you are HaPpY!