There will be many thanks posted for kindnesses shown during the holiday. Creating cards for that purpose has been on my mind and creative table lately.
If you also need this type of card, here’s an idea for you…
Wowzers! Those colors are bright and cheery.
I love seam binding ribbon!
All kinds of texture going on in the background.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecard, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie
- Stamps: Charming Cafe’ (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Calypso Coral Seam Binding (retired), Linen Thread, Aqua Painter
- The watercolor paper is 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. For a video showing this background being made, go to my Rambling Rose Studio Facebook page, click on video posted 12-3-17. Sometimes just seeing t done helps. Spritz the watercolor paper until it’s wet. You can brush over it with an Aqua Painter or any small brush. Add reinker color (add drops to an acrylic block or the ink pad lid and pick up with brush) with a brush and let the colors “bloom”. Let dry.
- Emboss the lower half of watercolor paper with Petal Pair EF.
- Add a piece of ribbon around then fasten with SNAIL in the back.
- Make several loops with ribbon then tie in center with Linen Thread. Attach over ribbon band with glue dots.
- Add watercolor piece to notecard front with Multipurpose Glue and weight down until dried.
Send your cheer-me-up note to someone on your list and make their day!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
cookie is always good.
Come get inky with me and be HaPpY!