Throwing caution to the wind, I followed an idea that came to me using a dark background with several shades of embossing powder. See what you think…
Now that’s drama isn’t it?
This is another flat card with lots of eye candy. Don’t get me wrong…I love layers! But when you are mailing lots of cards, it can get expensive really quick.
This sentiment is retired, but there are several offerings in the Holiday Catalog that would be as pretty…I just don’t have them yet.
This is a two-step stamp so I used that to my advantage and created a background with Craft White Ink before stamping the wreath.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits if you’d like to give this one a try…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Early Espresso Cardstock, plus Gold Foil Cardstock
- Ink: Craft White, VersaMark
- Stamps: Feeling of Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White, Gold, Silver Embossing Powder, White Paint Pen, Embossing Buddy
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Gold Foil layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue.
- The Early Espresso layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Use your Embossing Buddy all over the surface of this layer.
- Stamp the wreath background in Craft White Ink and dry with heat gun. Stamp wreath in VersaMark Ink, sprinkle with Silver EP and heat. Stamp berries in VersaMark around the wreath, sprinkle with Gold EP and heat.
- Use the White Paint Pen to color bow and add highlights to berries.
- Stamp sentiment at bottom of card front in White Craft Ink, sprinkle with White EP and heat.
- Attach this layer over Gold Foil layer with multipurpose glue.
- Inside there is a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ layer of Gold Foil with a Thick Whisper White layer on top 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached with multipurpose glue.
Another dramatic but flat card for easy mailing during the holidays.
Hope you are having an awesome day.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Have a good tone, but come back Monday!
Stay inky…be HaPpY!