Now I know there are people all over this country who use Mason jars for canning. But here in the South we use them for everything…iced tea and lemonade, flower vases, trinket holders, organizing…well, you get the picture.
So when I first saw the Jars of Love stamp set WITH the matching framelits, they couldn’t get here fast enough.
So yesterday I used this set for the “Best Fishes” card which I adore. Today let’s do a little holiday cheer in a jar…
I know there are a lot of jars there, but I couldn’t stop. Here’s a peek at the inside…
awww…isn’t that little jar just the cutest?
This would be a little time consuming to make in multiples, but a few for special friends might be in order.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red and Smoky Slate Cardstock
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Real Red, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black and Emerald Envy
- Stamps: Jars of Love, Embellished Christmas (sentiments and holly), Birthday Banners (candles)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Everyday Jars Framelits, Gold Wink of Stella and Holly Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with multipurpose glue
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. Emboss with Holly EF. Attach to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp in Smoky Slate on scrap Whisper White one big, one medium and two small jars. Stamp on scrap Smoky Slate four jar lids. Stamp bow in Real Red on Real Red cardstock four times. Cut all out with framelits.
- Stamp four candles on Whisper White in Real Red and Peekaboo Peach flames. “Fussy cut”
- Stamp Holly sprig twice on Whisper White and “fussy cut” making four small sprigs.
- Stamp “ribbon” in Real Red on each jar at the top.
- Glue on lids and add bow with sprig to each jar. Trim candle to fit jar and glue in place.
- Add the big jar first with multipurpose glue to card front then the medium jar with dimensionals and the small jar with the adhesive strip.
- Inside the Real Red layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and the Whisper White layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. Glue together and inside card. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and add small jar.
After looking at the new Holiday Catalog this afternoon…I might have been on the right track with this card…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
not a good idea at all…
But if you are inky…well, you’ll be HaPpY!