Another notecard sized Christmas card today with a little technique you might like to use. It’s simple, quick and impressive…what could be better than that?
Here’s the card…
Why is it so hard to photograph sparkle! Gah!…this card is snowy and sparkly in person…small but packs a lot of bling for its size. Look a little closer and you’ll notice there is an embossed frame around the square opening. How do you get that? Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake notecard & envelope, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock plus Silver Glimmer Paper and Trim the Tree DSP
- Ink: Memento Black and Real Red
- Stamps: White Christmas and Get Your Santa On (sentiment) and Gorgeous Grunge (snow)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Square Framelits, Real Red Marker, VersaMark, Dazzling Diamonds
- The Real Red layer is 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Pick two sizes from the Square Framelits set. Place the smaller framelit cutting edge down on top of your Real Red and the larger square framelit over the smaller with cutting edge up. Run through the Big Shot.
- See…the smaller framelit cut your opening and the larger framelit embossed your card front. Sweet!
- Now on Whisper White stamp your snow scene with Memento Black ink. Stamp over your image with the Gorgeous Grunge dots (snow) with VersaMark, add Dazzling Diamonds and heat with heating gun.
- With your Real Red marker color your red bird stamp in and maybe add some red to the scarf on the snowman.
- Cut this image out with the larger of the two framelits and attach to the back of the Real Red layer with Dimensionals.
- Stamp your sentiment with Memento Black on Whisper White and tag the one end. Cut your Glimmer paper 1/4″ larger and tag one end. Use Tomboy Glue to adhere layers and Dimensionals to add to card front.
- Isn’t it the cutest? Inside I have a layer of Real Red behind a 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ of Whisper White.
- The envelope flap uses a piece of the Trim the Tree DSP in Real Red.
Hope you enjoyed this little project and technique and are inspired to give it a try. The opening doesn’t have to be square…you can use any shape framelit you have!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m inky…and soooo HaPpY!