It’s their birthday just days apart and they are husband/wife and really good friends for a long time. So I decided to challenge myself to make them both birthday cards from the same stamp set…and make hers girly and his masculine. Can it be done? Yep…
This is his…the set is An Amazing Birthday. Definitely masculine, right? Now here is hers…
This is my kind of girly with lots of bling! She will love it. The color combinations are the most obvious nods to male or female, and I love that this set works either way. Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits for these two cards?
Here you go…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White and Marina Mist cardstock. The DSP is from the Trim the Tree DSP Stack
- Ink: Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Memento Black
- Stamps: An Amazing Birthday
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1 1/4″ and 1″ Circle Punch, Banner Punch, Banner Framelits, Linen Thread and Stars and Stylish Stripes Embossing Folders
- The base card of Crumb Cake is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The Real Red layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The DSP layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The Real Red Banner cut from the Banner Framelit and then embossed with Star EF
- Attach Linen Thread before attaching to card front.
- Marina Mist banner cut with framelit and embossed with Stylish Stripes EF
- Stamp the lines banner and cut by fussy cutting.
- Color the stamps with all markers and stamp on Whisper White. Cut out each color individually.
- Now stamp with Memento Black on stripped banner. Add the colored Happy Birthdays with dimensionals.
- Stamp the “It’s for you” on Whisper White in Marina Mist and then Crushed Curry. Punch with 1 1/4″ circle punch and 1″ circle punch. Add with dimensional
- Before attaching the It’s For You circle to card front add a dimensional top and bottom on back and place over the Linen Thread.
- Punch out banners and attach with glue dot.
- Paper: Pool Party, Blushing Bride and Whisper White cardstock. Silver Glimmer paper.
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Lost Lagoon and Smoky Slate
- Stamps: An Amazing Birthday
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1 1/2″ and 1″ Circle Punch, Banner Framelits, Pool Party Embossing Powder, 1/8″ Silver Ribbon and Rhinestones
- The Pool Party base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The Silver Glimmer is cut 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Blushing Bride layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
- The Silver Glimmer banner was cut with framelits and attached to card front with Tomboy Glue
- The sentiment banner is colored with markers and stamped on Whisper White
- The second banner was cut with the same banner framelit and trimmed so that it is slightly smaller than the first
- Attach Silver Ribbon before attaching to card front.
- Stamp the circle stamp with Versamark and sprinkle with Pool Party Embossing Powder and heat.
- Punch with 1 1/4″ circle punch and attach with dimensionals.
After I took this photograph I added rhinestones to the little birthday cake…I can’t help myself!
Isn’t this fun to do? Try picking out one of you stamp sets and challenging yourself to making two very different cards with the one set. You may just be surprised what you create.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Oh I hope so…this week last year I lost my younger sister.
Thanks goodness I can be inky…and HaPpY!