Now SU! has never asked me…but I’d love to design a stamp set. If that ever happens, it will bring a smile to your face just like the one today makes me smile every time I see it…
Now seriously…you smiled didn’t you? Here’s a peek inside…
This one kills me! And this set is FREE…yippee!
I can think of a whole bunch of sentiments to go with these gals. I’ll give you one, “Do these feather’s make my butt look big?” I could fill up a container with them if they’d let me. What would you have them say? Maybe we’ll collect them and send them in…you never know!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Real Red, Thick Whisper White (I never use the original Whisper White) Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Water Color Pencils
- Stamps: Hello Chick
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: The Chicken Wire background is an old retired SU!, Scalloped Square Framelits, Ticket Punch, Real Red Baker’s Twine, Linen Thread and Aqua Painter or small round brush
- The Sahara Sand base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- Use the plain square framelit that measures 1-1/4″ or the punch for the three openings on the card front. You can lightly draw the squares in pencil if that helps space them evenly before cutting or punching.
- If you don’t have the Chicken Wire (I’ve been using SU! products since the late 90s) try the Woodgrain background stamp and what ever appeals to you. Mine background is stamped in Archival Basic Black.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White CS 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Lay behind the card front and lightly trace squares for stamping chicks. Stamp alternating positions in Archival Basic Black.
- Now the fun is using the new Water Color Pencils. Here are the colors I used: Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Soft Sky. I used the small Aqua Painter (I normally use a small round brush) and it worked great. A Blender Pen works too!
- Once the chicks are dry, attach the Whisper White layer behind the card front with SNAIL.
- Cut three frames in Real Red using the Scalloped Squares Framelits and attach with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp off your background stamp using Basic Black before stamping on scrap Whisper White. Punch with Ticket Punch or whatever shape you have. Attach with dimensionals.
- Loop several Real Red Bakers Twine and tie in center with Linen Thread. Attach with glue dot on sentiment punch.
- Inside cut a larger Real Red Scalloped Square and add a smaller layer of Whisper White cut with Scalloped Framelit Squre.
- Stamp a chick in the bottom right corner…she’s photo bombing! Color with Water Color Pencils. Attach to Real Red square with SNAIL and to inside of card with SNAIL.
These feathered divas will see lots of ink in the future…
Hope you are having an awesome day and will plan to stop by tomorrow to see the notecard set made with these girls.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
even chicken feathers.
Be inky…Be HaPpY!