Alright, I know he was just born, but this Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper just kept calling his name. So…I made this 8″ x 8″ sampler to celebrate his first birthday next March!
Found this frame at Hobby Lobby on sale. It’s the perfect size for a sampler!
Close up of each corner…
and the last close up…
Had I been making this same sampler for a girl, there is an image of a little girl on the DSP and a stamp for her back along with a bouquet of flowers. Change the Real Red Cardstock to Powder Pink and leave everything else as is…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this sampler…
- Paper: Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper plus Real Red and Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Real Red and Pacific Point
- Stamps: Birthday Delivery, Number of Years (st after number one)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Balloons Honeycomb Embellishments, Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit (surprise banner), Birthday Friends Framelits Dies, Large Numbers Framelits
- This “shadow” frame measures 8″ x 8″ inside. Cut the background DSP 8″ x 8″ and attach with SNAIL or multipurpose glue.
- Cut the fox, Hip Hip Hooray banner, cake, gift box and birthday hat out of DSP using Birthday Friends Framelits Dies and set aside.
- Fussy cut the bear, squirrel, turtle and bunny from DSP and set aside.
- Using Large Numbers Framelits cut the number from DSP and Real Red Cardstock and set aside.
- Stamp the word “surprise” in Pacific Point on banner from Cupcakes & Carousel Embellishment Kit. Lay the banner on a piece of Real Red CS and draw around edges with pencil. Fussy cut larger banner just outside pencil lines. Glue these two banners together with SNAIL. Add dimensionals to back and set aside.
- Cut two Real Red CS pieces 3-3/4″ square. Cut two Real Red CS pieces 3-3/4″ x 2″. Cut two Real Red CS pieces 1-3/4″ square.
- Cut two Whisper White CS pieces 3-5/8″ square. Cut two Real Red CS pieces 3-5/8″ x 1-7/8″. Cut two Real Red CS pieces 1-5/8″ square.
- Attach all pieces with SNAIL or multipurpose glue.
- Cut two pieces of “grass” 3-5/8″ x 1″ or less adding freehand curves. Attach to bottom of both 3-3/4″ square pieces.
- Starting with top right corner and one of the 3-3/4″ squares, add fox to right of square along with banner using multipurpose glue. Add gift box with dimensional. Add decorated square to background square with multipurpose glue.
- Add squirrel, turtle and bunny to one of the 3-3/4″ x 2″ rectangles with multipurpose glue. Add had to bunny. Add rectangle under fox square with multipurpose glue.
- Add surprise banner under previous rectangle with dimensionals overlapping at top.
- Add bear to left side of second 3-3/4″ square with multipurpose glue. Add three honeycomb balloons and hand draw with journal pen strings from balloons to bear’s hands. Add this square to bottom left corner of sampler.
- Add second 3-3/4″ x 2″ rectangle with happy birthday over the bear square with multipurpose glue.
- Add cake to one of the 1-3/4″ squares with dimensionals. Add to top left corner of sampler with multipurpose glue.
- Cut the number from Real Red CS and DSP. Stamp “st” in Real Red right top of square. Glue together offsetting. Add to second 1-3/4″ square with dimensionals.
- Place inside shadow frame!
How much fun is that? I think I will make a girl one too…it’s just too cute.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I. LOVE. SHOES.
And stamping…come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!