Have you ever worked on a card idea and it not come together? Today’s post took three tries before posting. It came down to the best color for the word “hello”…first it was Mossy Meadow, then black and finally Whisper White.
Here’s the card…
and here’s the inside of the card…
and you can see the envelope flap matches the card.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Shimmery White Cardstock, Birthday Bouquet DSP and a small piece of Watercolor paper
- Ink: VersaMark, Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Daffodil Delight and Mossy Meadow
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Hello Thinlets, White Embossing Powder, Journal Pen
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Polka Dot Mossy Meadow DSP is 5 1/4″ x 4″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The three DSP panels are 1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ attached to card front with adhesive evenly spaced.
- Stamp blooms on Shimmery White Cardstock with VersaMark, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Wet blooms with an Aqua Painter filled with water, then use reinker and a small round paint brush to color blooms and leaves. Keep you color light and go back with reinker to shade portions of petals. Make a Watermelon Wonder and a Pool Party bloom and “fussy cut”.
- Place blooms on right side of card front with Tombow Glue. Some leaves were cut away for better placement.
- Wet a small piece of water color paper with water and paint with Watermelon Wonder and Mossy Meadow lightly. Trim to 3″ x 1″. Tag one end. Use journaling pen to “stitch” around edges in black. Attach to card front with Tombow.
- Cut “hello” from Thick Whisper White and White fun foam and glue together. Add to card front over watercolor paper with Tombow Glue.
- Inside there is a 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ DSP layer with a 3″ x 4 1/2″ layer of Whisper White. A small piece of the painted water color paper was added and a “fussy cut” flower from same DSP on card front.
- The envelope flap was covered with the Mossy Meadow DSP to coordinate with the card.
- The inside sentiment was purposely left blank until mailing the card.
Hope you enjoyed this post today. Your presence here is most appreciated.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I think so!…
I’m so inky…and HaPpY!