So this happened yesterday…
Before I even get started with this post, I want to show you what “sweetum’s” built for my studio yesterday…
It’s a new cutting, scoring, Big Shot station…yesssss! Is he the sweetest or what? And look at all the storage on the ends…I just may have to buy some new stamps!!!
Today I have a card made for a friend who is having surgery today and just wanted to send her a little sunshine. This card just might do the trick…
Oh I hope she likes it and it brightens her day. Trying a little collage/masking technique for a little something different. Want the Stuff ‘N Digits? Here you go…
- Paper: Whisper White and Pear Pizazz
- Ink: Memento Black, Calypso Coral and Pear Pizazz
- Stamps: Basic Butterfly, Crazy About You, Perfect Petals and Hi There
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Butterfly Framelits, Itty Bitty Flower Punch (retired), Flower Flair Framelit and Basic Pearls
- The 4 1/4″ x 11″ Whisper White cardstock is scored at 5 1/2″
- The Pear Pizazz layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The top Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut a mask from cardstock and the large flower in Flower Flair Framelits. Place on Whisper White top layer with a small amount of adhesive.
- Stamp with Basic Butterfly stamp set around mask then remove mask
- Stamp Flower from Crazy About You in Calypso Coral and the leaves in Pear Pizzaz
- Stamp the sentiment from Hi There and a leaf from Perfect Petals.
- Stamp the small butterfly in Soft Sky on Whisper White and cut with framelit. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Punch a Calypso Coral and a Soft Sky flower, attach with glue dots and add small pearl.
- Inside is a layer of Pear Pizazz with Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ with a Calypso Coral flower in the top left corner and from Crazy About You stamps that read “Thinking of You”
- You can see I have also stamped on the envelope.
This was one of those “fly by the seat of your pants” cards. I knew I wanted to try this collage technique and everything just flowed from there. These types of cards are the most fun to make!
Hope you feel inspired today by something you have seen today and you’ll be back again tomorrow to see what’s up.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I give up…we had snow last night that closed all schools AGAIN and we are forecast for even more tomorrow. That makes it “Jammies and stampin’ time” here at Rambling Rose Studio.
Get Inky…Be HaPpY!