Today I’m going to keep it real and tell you this post today was a major fail in my book. I often hear from those who attend my classes that they wouldn’t want to make me a card because mine are always so perfect…NOT!
A video popped up on facebook last week I think using shaving cream…I’m still looking for it and will post it when I find it (here it is!) and I couldn’t resist giving it a try. She had used black reinker with her shaving cream and it was gorgeous; but I wanted to have a blue background to contrast with the sunflower. There’s no telling how many I made and threw away.
But with persistence (the word stubborn might fit better here) I came up with this card. I doubt it looks anything like the one on facebook…
Makes an interesting background for the focal point.
A glamour close up…
And a peek inside…
Lots of room for a message.
The more I look at this card the more I like it. BUT when I do it again I’ll not use as much reinker maybe and use more VersaMark and Clear Embossing Powder. You’ll be seeing this technique again.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Cardstock
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Painted Harvest, Beautiful Bouquet (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Oval Punch, Seasonal Layers Framelits Dies, Linen Thread Clear Embossing Powder
- The Crushed Curry base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″.
- Use artist or painter’s tape to create a 1/4″ border on all sides.
- Stamp sunflowers in layers of Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. When stamping the last layer add VersaMark to your stamp then load with ink color. The centers are Early Espresso. Don’t forget to load VeraMark ink first then stamp. Cover with Clear EP and heat.
- Mix reinker of your choice (I used Pacific Point here) with shaving cream. It doesn’t take much shaving cream, maybe a couple of tablespoons. Using a credit card or something similar, load up the shaving cream and scrap across card front until you have the background covered.
- Remove tape and add to card front with multipurpose glue or SNAIL.
- Cut stem and leaf from Seasonal Layers Framelits and Old Olive. Add to card front with multipurpose glue, trimming away parts you don’t need. I purposely left the pieces inside the leaf.
- Stamp flower on scrap Thick Whisper White as before and fussy cut. Add Versamark and Clear EP and heat. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment in Early Espress on scrap of Thick Whisper White and punch with Oval Punch. I scraped the edges across the ink pad. Punch hole and tie Linen Thread bow. Attach with dimensional.
- Inside the Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp flower in lower right corner and attached with SNAIL.
- You can see I also added a flower to the envelope.
Hope you are having an awesome Thursday!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!