How many ways can you love a bundle? The Oh So Succulent Bundle on page 21 of the Occasions Catalog has to be one of the top sellers in this catalog. This bundle confirms my original thought when seeing it…there’s nothing you can’t make from paper…
Today’s post uses an old technique with a new product to perfection…
In the background is yet another project with this bundle…
Stamped or three dimensional this set is right on trend.
A close up of the coloring technique that keeps the colors vibrant on the Crumb Cake cardstock.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits on this card and the coloring technique…
- Paper: Crumb Cake and Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Craft White
- Stamps: Oh So Succulent and Water Color Wishes Kit Stamp Set (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Succulent Framelit Dies, White Embossing Powder, Water Color Pencils and Black Micron Pen (size .005) or substitute Project Life Journaling Pen
- The Crumb Cake base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Before attaching to card front over Whisper White with SNAIL, rub surface with “stamping Buddy” and stamp plants in bottom right corner with solid stamps (not outline) in Craft White Ink along with sentiment of your choice in Craft White Ink. Cover with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Using SU! water color pencils, color plants. I used Daffodil Delight with Old Olive for shading and Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry plus Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point. I did not use water on this project, but there will be one in a day or two.
- Lastly, the border is drawn by hand with a Black Micron pen and a window sheet cut 3-3/4″ x 5″. Draw around any images that fall within that space. Add dots to border
- Inside the card there is a layer of Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
Without the layers of Craft White Ink and Embossing, you would not be able to maintain these vibrant colors. It’s just a little bit of magic.
I want to say to all my blog readers…You are AWESOME! I love all the comments and getting to know you and the types of projects you are interested in seeing and learning. It’s such a help to me when searching for new ideas and it helps me learn new things too.
And know that there is always an open invitation for you to join my team. In fact we have a virtual card making class and meeting (well…we will be chatting while we play) coming in the next couple of weeks. Why not come along with us? Signing up isn’t a life decision…it’s a no brainer! Especially during the Sale-A-Bration months of January, February and March with free products and no obligations. I’d love to talk to you if you are the least bit interested…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!