Here’s another example of the Blendability Pens and a new framelit die called Striped Scallop…
What doesn’t really show up in the photo (because I’m a lousy photographer) is that the dahlia base is up on dimensionals and then I stamped and colored the image again cutting out just the center of the flower and placing that layer on dimensionals, too. In person…it’s awesome if I do say so myself! Did you notice the rhinestones on the flower petals? They were colored to match with the Blendability Pen I used for the flower. Maybe looks like dew drops?
The background of the card front is dressed up with the Striped Scallop Framelit. You can place your paper on top of one of the adhesive sheets (page 204), place the framelit on top of the cardstock and run all of the layers through the Big Shot. What you have is an art piece ready to place down on your card front. Magic! Now I know lots of people use wax paper with this framelit die but I found my embossing buddy bounced around on the cutting side of the framelit works like a charm. Either way, you’ll get a clean cut that removes easily. Little tip from someone who has tried it the hard way.
You probably noticed the envelop that coordinates with the card front. Here is the inside of this card…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits if you’d like to create this card or one similar to it…
- Paper: Hello Honey, Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock and Lullaby DSP
- Ink: Memento Black
- Stamps: Regarding Dahlias
- Tools and Embellishments: Scallop Topper Punch, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Rhinestones, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch and Blendability Pens
- Base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″ Hello Honey Cardstock scored at 5 1/2″
- Black layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Striped Scallop die was trimmed slightly
- The black tag was made with a 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ piece punched each end with Scallop Topper Punch
Hope you enjoyed this post and will come back again soon.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Never get too big for your britches.”
If you are inky…you are HaPpY!