And a HaPpY Independence Day to all of you! We are celebrating big time in our little community here at Hampton Creek with a parade this morning including a fire truck, decorated carts, bikes and dogs. So much fun and the parade was much bigger than last year’s. Tonight there is a cookout and fireworks to continue the celebrating.
But I wanted to take a moment and post today’s card and let you know I’m taking the week off to spend with “the Littles”. I’ve never in the last three years taken time off from blogging, but with Sweetums gone last week and most of this one, I’ve fallen so far behind.
When I get back my order will be here and I’ll be energized to show you new projects with new products.
Here’s today’s card…
Awww…momma bird with baby. Another bird card like I promised. Here’s a peek at the inside…
Now this is another one of those cards that is great to have in your stash because it would work for most anything other than masculine. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Flirty Flamingo cardstock plus Flirty Flamingo DSP from In Color Designer Series Paper Stack 2016-2018
- Ink: Emerald Envy, Soft Suede, Flirty Flamingo
- Stamps: Best Birds
- Tools: Birds & Blooms Thinlits, Hello You Thinlits and Circle Framelits
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- The Flirty Flamingo layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. With the Flirty Flamingo cardstock and the DSP stacked together, cut both at the same time with the smaller circle framelit letting the framelit go off the left side of paper for a partial circle. Using the next larger circle framelit, cut just the DSP. Attach layers together with adhesive and then to card front with adhesive.
- Use background stamp with Flirty Flamingo inside the cut out circle. Stamp flowers and branch on scrap Whisper White and cut with Birds & Blooms Thinlets.
- Cut big and small bird from Thick Whisper White. Add branch to card front with Adhesive Strip and small flowers with glue dots or adhesive. Add birds with Adhesive Strip.
- Cut “hello” with thinlit from Thick Whisper White and add to card front with multipurpose glue or thin tip glue
- Inside the Flirty Flamingo layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. The Whisper White layer is 3-1/2″ x 3″ attached with adhesive. Stamp flower by coloring stamp with markers. Add small strip of DSP 1/2″ x 3″ at the bottom with adhesive.
I hope you like this sweet card today. I’m so glad you stopped by. Have a wonderful rest of the holiday making sweet memories. I’ll see you in a week…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!