There have been many posts on this blog with sympathy cards over time, and to me its important to remember friends when they are going through a difficult time. A word of comfort and encouragement can mean so much. If you have been on the receiving end, I’m sure you would agree with me.
So today’s post is a sympathy card made with new product (with the exception of the sentiments)…
and it opens like a wedding card recently posted…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla Cardstock, plus Falling In Love Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Stamps: Rose Wonder and Feather Together (sentiments)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/8″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, So in Love coordinating Thinlits, Special Reason coordinating thinlits
- Let’s build the larger card first…Cut Very Vanilla CS 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- Cut two pieces of Sahara Sand 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Attach one to front of card and one inside right with multipurpose glue.
- Cut two pieces of DSP 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to top of Sahara Sand layers with SNAIL.
- Cut one of the large floral piece from Sahara Sand and attach to left side of card front with multipurpose glue. Add a band of Very Vanilla 1/8″ Satin Ribbon to left side using a thin line of multipurpose glue on inside front and a glue dot in center under ribbon band on front of card. Make bow with several loops of ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread. Add to center of card front ribbon band with glue dots.
- Alrighty…let’s make the smaller card. Cut a piece of Sahara Sand 3-5/8″ x 6- 1/4″, scored at 3-1/8″.
- Cut two pieces of Very Vanilla 3-1/2″ x 3″. Attach with multipurpose glue on front and inside. Remember the fold of this card is backward from the normal card fold when placing paper layers.
- Cut a two pieces of Sahara Sand 3-3/8″ x 2-7/8″. Attach one multipurpose glue over Very Vanilla layer inside card.
- Cut Special Reason large flower in bottom right corner of second piece of Sahara Sand. Stamp sentiment from Feather Together in Early Espresso. Add to front of small card with multipurpose glue over Very Vanilla layer.
- Cut a piece of DSP 3-1/4″ x 2-3/4″. Attach over Sahara Sand layer inside with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 3-1/8 x 2-5/8″. Stamp sentiment from Rose Wonder in Early Espresso. Cut smaller flower with Special Reason from Sahara Sand and “fussy cut”. Add in top left corner with multipurpose glue.
- Glue back of small card and add to larger card so front overlaps larger card front from the right side.
Sahara Sand is my new favorite neutral color!
Hope your weekend will be awesome. I will talk to you again on Monday…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!