Today’s notecard is simple but striking…and I do love this sentiment…
This was created on toned sketch paper that come in a pad by Strathmore. You could use Crumb Cake cardstock instead, I just like showing the binding strip for some interest.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White notecard, Early Espresso cardstock and Strathmore Toned Sketch paper
- Ink: Early Espresso and Basic Black
- Stamps: Suite Sayings (sentiment) and Birthday Blooms and Gorgeous Grunge (of course!)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread and watercolor pencils
- The Early Espresso layer is 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The sketch paper is 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″. Stamp the bloom in Basic Black and the sentiment in Early Espresso. Using watercolor pencils white, light gray and black; start by coloring the bloom in white. Go back and shade with the gray and then last add the black where you want the shadows darkest. Don’t fuss with it. Add some shading at the base of the flower so it isn’t floating in space and then add some Gorgeous Grunge splats in Early Espresso. Add to Early Espresso layer with adhesive.
- Wrap these two layers with Linen Thread and then add to card front with adhesive.
I loved sitting and working with this type card and technique and thinking a set of these with different sentiments would make a great hostess gift or small gift for any occasion.
Hope you are planning a weekend of whatever makes you the happiest. I will be having classes which does make me very happy!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
We never get one…but if I did!
Are you inky yet? Get inky…Be HaPpY!