My brother-in-love’s birthday is this weekend and he is a “Harley” guy. In fact this year he bought a new bike and plans to take trips out west. So this card seemed just right…
He doesn’t read my blog so I’m safe showing it to you early. This bike is a retired SU! stamp that I have hoarded. When I find a masculine stamp I like…it stays in my stash.
If you struggle with masculine cards like I do, this may give you some inspiration. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red cardstock
- Ink: Black, Pear Pizazz and Pool Party and Smoky Slate marker
- Stamps: The bike was a single stamp release, the “road” is from Gorgeous Grunge and the sentiment Pedaling Past (retired too : – ( )
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Crystal Effects, sponges and cloud masking using Tree Builder Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to the card front with adhesive
- The top layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamped the bike and road lines in Archival Basic Black. Color you bike and add Crystal Effects. Let dry. Use Smoky Slate marker to the chrome parts and wheel rims. Sponge the sky in Pool Party using the tree portion of Tree Builder Punch to mask clouds. Sponge the lower portion with Pear Pizazz. I used a marker to darken the shadows under the bike.
- Add Linen Thread in crisscross attaching with adhesive to back. Add this layer to Real Red layer with adhesive.
- You can see how the envelope coordinates with the card front.
Two really great things happened to me yesterday…first I had the most hits in a day on my blog ever! Thank you so much. And I found on Stampin’ Up!’s site that one of my card samples was #1 for the week! How awesome is that? Just had to share a happy day with you.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I found this photo. It doesn’t have any copy with it but I thought it was adorable and hope it makes you smile like it did me.
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!