Pages 10 and 11 of the Holiday Catalog stopped me in my tracks. And so did the samples at convention. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on all these goodies and play! And I have for hours of bliss and now can’t wait to show you what I’ve created and inspire you to make beautiful, happy scenes of your own.
This card combines two stamp sets and framelits on those pages…
Are you serious? And it was much quicker than it might look too.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Heavy Whisper White, Real Red cardstock, plus Designer Series Paper Home for Christmas
- Ink: Old Olive, Real Red and Memento Black
- Stamps: Happy Scenes and Festive Fireplace
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Curvy Corner Trio Punch, Festive Fireside Framelits, Hearth and Home Thinlets, Gold Cording, Window Sheet
- The Heavy Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 3 3/4″ x 5″
- The Real Red base of sentiment is 1″ x 3 1/4″, double punched at each end for threading cording
- The sentiment layer is 3/4″ x 2 1/4″.
- Cut two pieces of gold cording 5 1/2″ long. Add a dimensional in center of red sentiment layer and crisscross cording at center point. Add dimensionals to each end of Whisper White sentiment layer and adhere over red layer. Run ends of cording through punched slots on red layer.
- Add DSP layer to 4″ x 5 1/4″ red layer. Add sentiment layer to bottom of these two layers and attach cording to back of large red layer with adhesive. Now attach all these layers to card front.
- The background for the window scene is 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″.. Stamp trees in Old Olive and add to top of card front with adhesive.
- Cut the window with framelit and Heavy Whisper White. Add a piece of window sheet 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ to back of window with Tomboy glue. Now add window with dimensional edges to tree scene on card front.
- Stamp wreath in Old Olive and add Real Red accents with marker. Cut bow from Real Red with framelit and add to wreath with dimensional and the wreath to window with another dimensional.
- Finish the inside with a layer of Real Red under a layer of Whisper White with your message.
- You could use the same DSP for you envelope flap or line the inside to coordinate with your gorgeous card.
- Don’t forget your personalized stamp on the back of the card!
Tip: Including photos with Chiristmas cards is such a hot trend. There is a Project Life framelit the exact size of a photograph you could use to make a frame for a family photo to include inside your card. The framelit is on page 145 of the annual catalog. You could have a Real Red layer or a pretty DSP layer and just cut the center out with the framelit and insert your photo. Magic!
Today here we are enjoying one of those golden, clear and cool days…high 78 degrees! Was it ever fun driving this morning with my top down…heaven.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Really? Seriously? Whatever!
I’m calm when I’m inky…Get Inky…Be HaPpY!