Then there are the times a friend has something so wonderful going on in their life…you just want them to know you are happy for them and send them this card…
Right? Yesterday we were wishing for brighter days…and today we’re dancing in the street! And so life goes.
A close up showing the masked area. I used the same mask as yesterday’s card, just made the opening a little bigger to fit her into the opening.
In addition to the masking techniques there is also some paper piecing going on here with the umbrella from a different stamp.
It’s probably not so easy to see the envelope the card is sitting on has a matching flap of Designer Series Paper.
This is one reason I love this stamp set so much…It covers many of life’s journeys and has great sentiments to go along with the images. It’s a classic!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White (I never use the other) Cardstock and Oh So Succulent Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Sweet Sugar Plum, Soft Sky, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Blushing Bride
- Stamps: Beautiful You, Lovely As A Tree and Gorgeous Grunge (splat)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Copy paper for masking, sponge, Blender Pen, Post It Note
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Cut a piece of copy paper the same size. Make a slit in the center with snips and tear away the center of this layer to create a shape suitable for your stamped image. Add small amounts of SNAIL at four corners and around opening edge. Take some of the sticky away with your fingers and lay this layer on top of Thick Whisper White layer.
- Stamp image inside the opening in Archival Basic Black. Stamp this image again on Post It paper and “fussy cut”. Add SNAIL to back and adhere over image on Thick Whisper White layer.
- Sponge background with Soft Sky. Stamp Lovely As A Tree line of trees in Old Olive across the opening.
- Add splats in Soft Sky and Gorgeous Grunge stamp. I stamped and slide the stamp at an angle towards the left and down to resemble rain. She is dancing in the rain, right?
- Remove the girl mask. Using a Blender Pen and Sweet Sugar Plum lightly color dress. Go back and add extra color where indicated on the stamp. Color skin lightly with Blushing Bride. Color hat with Daffodil Delight. I colored very light and went back and added more color.
- Remove mask carefully to not tear your cardstock…MAGIC! Do you love it?
- Stamp umbrella from yesterday’s stamp on DSP and “fussy cut”. Add with dimensionals above left hand. Draw umbrella handle with Black marker (skinny end)
- Inside the card add a strip of DSP 4-1/4″ x 1/2″ at the bottom.
- Add a piece of DSP to the envelope flap.
It should be illegal to have as much fun as I’ve had making this set of cards for a friend. I hope you are enjoying them too and feel inspired to give this a try…
Still no baby, but doctor appointment today!
Sweetums and I are going to dinner tonight (it’s Friday!) and to see The Shack. I read the book a long time ago and I’m hoping the movie is as good as my imagination when reading it.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I just love that little dog…
And inky fingers with give you a HaPpY HeArT!