One of “the littles” is having a birthday this weekend…and I’ve made him a card in his favorite baseball team colors.
Do you have “little” big guy kids you need to make cards for? Here’s an idea especially if they like baseball. All you need to do is substitute his team’s colors.
and here’s a shot of the inside of the card…
I find masculine cards challenging sometimes, but this one was actually fun to make. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Heavy Whisper White, Night of Navy, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise cardstock
- Ink: Archival Black
- Stamps: Watercolor Wishes (It’s Time To Celebrate)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Black felt pen and anything with the size circle you can trace around (I used a jar top), Chevron Border Punch
- The Heavy Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Night of Navy layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The Tempting Turquoise layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″ attached to Night of Navy layer with adhesive
- The Whisper White layer is 5″ x 3 7/8″. Trace around something circular the size you want with black felt pen. Add punched chevrons from Real Red cardstock at even intervals and then add black dots to represent stitching holes with black felt pen. Stamp sentiment with Archival Black Ink and attach to Tempting Turquoise layer with adhesive.
- Inside the card the layers are: Night of Navy 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, Tempting Turquoise 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ and Whisper White 3″ x 4″
- Repeat tracing with felt pen, chevrons and stitching dots at bottom of inside white layer to coordinate with the card front.
- I also repeated this pattern on the lower left corner of the envelope (you can see part of it in the first photo)
This card was fun to make and I think Jameson will like it too. Maybe your (little) big guy would like it too!
Got a class to prepare for this evening and show off the new look of my studio…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
See you on the flip side!
My fingers will be inky and I’ll Be HaPpY!