Great news to report…well, it is to me anyway! Yesterday a blog reader came to my rescue when the post went up about computer glitches after a power outage. You must know how exasperating it is to have a blank page on your computer…especially when you are a blogger.
Sara Sauve (love you girl!) read the post and within minutes of the post going “live” she was messaging me on steps that might help my computer take a deep breath and come back to life…AND IT WORKED!
Isn’t it amazing how this circle of stampers and demonstrators around the world (Sara lives in Idaho) support each other? I told Sara that I believe in karma and she will be blessed. And because she gave me her address, I’m sending a little thank you in the mail.
So with a skip in my step today I’m posting my first card with the new Coffee Café stamp set which was #1 on my Wish List. I love coffee!
For coffee lovers this is a “must” set…
The Crumb Cake layer was cut and embossed at the same time…is that fun or what?
A side view to show layers setup on dimensionals.
And a peek inside…the coffee stain rings are from the stamp set Timeless Textures.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Early Expresso, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Emerald Envy Cardstock, plus Coffee Break Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Early Espresso, Emerald Envy
- Stamps: Coffee Café and Timeless Textures
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Coffee Cups Framelits, Pretty Label Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Early Espresso layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ .
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach this layer to Early Espresso layer with SNAIL. Wrap and secure Linen Thread at bottom 1/3 of layer with SNAIL. Attach both layers to card front with SNAIL.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White CS and punch with Pretty Label punch. Punch out an Old Olive label and cut in half horizontally. Add SNAIL to back of sentiment layer and attach each half of the Old Olive layers to back so that it shows top and bottom behind sentiment. Attach to card front at lower right corner with dimensionals.
- Let’s make that cute coffee cup! On a piece of Whisper White stamp the lid and cup in Early Espresso, the “thanks” label in Emerald Envy. Cut out with coordinating framelits. Cut cup “sleeve” from Crumb Cake scrap and stir stick from Emerald Envy CS.
- Add Crumb Cake layer to cup with SNAIL. Add “thanks” in center of sleeve with dimensionals.
- Add stir stick to back of cup lid with glue dot. Add dimensionals to back of lid.
- Stamp coffee stains behind area where bow is attached three times without reinking.
- Add cup at an angle using SNAIL.
- Add lid to top of cup. How cute is that? Love it!
- Now if you want to make this Linen Thread bow, I have a video on my YouTube Channel. You will find it here.
There will be lots of coffee related posts in my future…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
and good karma will follow you…
Come get inky with me and you’ll be HaPpY!