How do you come up with your creations? That questions is asked of me all the time. In reality they come from everywhere…but when I do come up with an idea or see a sketch that looks interesting, I draw it in my calendar for use later. If it comes from a specific person, I make note of that for use later. Here’s how one of my calendar pages looks (I have many pages like this)…
It looks crazy but makes sense to me!
Todays post evolved from one idea that didn’t work into this one…
Can you see the sparkle? First of all the paper is White Shimmery and then there is Clear Wink of Stella on the petals…and for good measure some sequins.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits to inspire you…
- Paper: Lost Lagoon, Shimmery White cardstock
- Ink: Sky Blue, Mint Macaron, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sequins, Small Round paint brush, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Happy Patterns Stencils
- The Lost Lagoon base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The Shimmery White layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″. Tack your paper to your work surface and tape the stencil over it like a hinge at the top. That what you can lift the stencil to check your pattern while working on it. I used Soft Sky, Mint Macaron and Daffodil Delight and let them shade into each other. I purposely did not stencil the entire sheet.
- Stamp the sentiment at the top with Early Espresso
- Stamp the rose image over your stenciling with VersaMark and sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder and heat. Using reinker and a small round brush “paint” your leaves and petals. Add some Early Espresso dots to center.
- Don’t forget to add your sequins for some more sparkle!
- Inside there is a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Whisper White piece with a small amount of the stenciling in one corner to coordinate with the card front.
- I also stenciled a portion of the envelope.
Spending time in my studio yesterday and today has helped me not think about my daughter’s travel back to South Korea. The time just flew by while she was here…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me and Be HaPpY!