How about a little water coloring today? All you need is watercolor paper, reinker and an Aqua Painter Pen…and here’s what you can create…
Still playing around with the Wink of Stella Pen. Here I’ve used the Gold on the flower and leaves. It is gorgeously glittery (is that a word?) in person. The dew drops are made with the Crystal Effects, but you have to be patient and let them dry really well.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White notecard, Crushed Curry cardstock, Gold Foil and Watercolor Paper
- Ink: Basic Black, Pear Pizazz, Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Crystal Effects, Rose Garden Thinlets Dies, Aqua Painter, Gold Wink of Stella Pen
- The Crushed Curry layer is 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″ attached to notecard with adhesive
- The watercolor paper is 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″. Cut the rose and leaves with the thinlets die from Gold Foil. Add small dots of multipurpose glue to the back to add to watercolor paper. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black. Using your Aqua Painter Pen filled with water and reinker dropped on an acrylic block as a palatte, first wet the leaves on the paper then add small amounts of reinker in Pear Pizazz. Keep it light…you can always add color. Should you get too much, use a paper towel to dab the paper. Now add Mossy Meadow over the lighter green for texture or shadows. Working with about 1/3 of the petals at a time, first wet the area with water, then add Daffodil Delight then Crushed Curry. Add a little Calypso Coral here and there. Once your watercolor is dry, paint over the petals and leaves with the Gold Wink of Stella. Oh my!
- To finish add dew drops with Crystal Effects and let dry completely before adding to your card front.
Yellow roses are my very favorite flower so I just had to try one with this set. But I will admit I’ve got several different colors and variations in the works. It’s is just so much fun to try different color combinations. I think that’s what they call “playing”!
It’s Friday so you be sure and have a wonderful weekend doing whatever it is that brings you joy…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…and Be HaPpY!