Probably most of us make a lot of cards (I know I do!), and it’s a pretty good bet that the majority of the cards we make are for our feminine friends and family.
Why is that?
- It would be easy to list several reasons quickly…
- Girl cards are cuter so more fun to make
- We can use flowers which most of us love
- And sweet, soft colors…etc.
And while all that may be true, guys like getting cards too. Today’s card post is definitely for a male…
Now that’s cute in a guy sort of way…note the camo pen!
Here’s a close up…
In this side view you can see the frame and pen are raised with dimensionals.
And a peek inside…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla cardstock, water color paper and Wood Texture Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Soft Suede
- Stamps: Crafting Forever, Background Bits, Gorgeous Grunge (splat) and Soft Sayings Stamp Kit (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Stitched Square Framelits, sponge, water color pencils and small round brush
- The Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The DSP layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Sponge edges with Soft Suede ink. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Add script and splats in Soft Suede stamped off first. Add a piece of Burlap Ribbon around the top of this layer and then add layer to card front over DSP with multipurpose glue. Weight this layer with acrylic blocks to set.
- Using a couple of pieces of burlap, tie a knot around ribbon.
- Cut a frame using DSP and Stitched Square Framelits. I used Strip Adhesive to attach to card front framing the sentiment.
- The pen was stamped in Archival Basic Black. Let dry. Color with Gray, Black and Old Olive water color pens. Use small round brush and some water to smooth colors. Fussy cut pen and add to card front using Strip Adhesive on back leaving a space with no adhesive so that the pen will fit over the frame.
- Inside the Very Vanilla layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Sponge edges with Soft Suede. Add splat stamp and script in Soft Suede that has been stamped off. Cut a piece of DSP 1/2″ x 3-1/4″ and attach with SNAIL at bottom of layer.
- The envelope isn’t pictured but I did add the script and splat stamps in Soft Suede to the lower left corner to coordinate with the card front.
So since this card sentiment says “just a note” this card would work for a birthday or thank you or just thinking of you. Hope this helps you with ideas for the guys in your life.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!