The sentiment on today’s card is a favorite for Christmas…”Good Tidings of Great Joy!”
And the technique called “eclipse” was used to lift the secondary message…
and another favorite…Lemon Lime Twist combined with Real Red.
Here’s a close up of the “lifted” eclipsed message and the doodled border.
From this angle the “lift” is more noticeable.
And a peek inside.
When I have shown this card to some of my stampers, they feel it’s much too complicated when first seeing it. But once they realized how simple it actually is, they wanted to make one!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Powder Pink, Real Red
- Stamps: Good Tidings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: .005 Black Micron Pen, White Fun Foam, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Large Letters Framelits
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and Burnished at 5-1/2″.
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black at lower left corner.
- Stamp holly two-step stamp at top right corner using the lighter color first and overstamping in darker shade.
- Add doodle border with .005 Black Micron Pen.
- Add a piece of 2″ x 4″ Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet on the back of this layer where your letters will be cut. Cut letters from this layer.
- Place a piece of 2″ x 4″ Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet on the back of a piece of white fun foam. Cut the same letters from the white fun foam.
- Attach the Thick Whisper White layer with the letters cut out on the card front with SNAIL.
- Peel away the protective sheet on the back of the white fun foam and place on the card front.
- Peel away the protective sheet on the back of the Thick Whisper White letters and place over the fun foam.
- How cool is that? Simple!
- Inside there is a layer of Lemon Lime Twist 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Stamp the smaller holly stamp using the same ink as the card front.
- The smaller holly sprig was also added to the lower left corner of the envelope to coordinate with the card front.
This technique is really simple but sure gives you the “WOW” factor. Give it a try!
It’s Hump Day…hope yours is awesome!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…