Please indulge me today as I ask you to pray for our city. Like most in this country, we never imagined this horror could or would come to our idyllic, family-oriented town. No one here has been able to wrap our minds around such evil.
So today I am grateful for so many things and offer this card …
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Pool Party, Very Vanilla and Delightful Dijon cardstock, plus watercolor paper.
- Ink: Delightful Dijon, Memento Black and water colors
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves and Endless Thanks (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Vintage Leaves Framelits, Linen Thread, In Color Sequin Assortment, Apothecary Framelit (retired), craft foam and Window Sheet
- The Pool Party base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Delightful Dijon layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″, cut center with framelit. Glue a piece of window sheet the same size to back of this layer.
- Cut a piece of craft foam 5 1/4″ x 4″ and cut center with same framelit. Glue with Tomboy Glue to back of Delightful Dijon layer.
- The leaves were stamped in Memento Black on watercolor paper that had been spritzed with water and dry pigment or reinker and cut out with coordinating leaf framelits. Add these cut out leaves to center of Pool Party card front.
- Add sequins over leaves and with Tomboy Glue, glue down the window layer to trap the sequins.
- Add two extra leaves to card front with glue and dimensionals. Add Linen Bow with glue dots.
- Stamp banner on Very Vanilla in Memento Black and sentiment in Delightful Dijon and “fussy cut”.
- Add banner to lower right corner with dimensionals
Thanks you for stopping by today and maybe taking a few minutes to remember our city and these brave Marines who sacrificed their lives yesterday.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m inky and getting ready to leave on Tuesday. Maybe better get these inky nails taken care of before I leave…