Continuing with the fall theme for this week, today’s post is a part freehand watercolor and stamping too…
and here’s a peek inside…
This was a nice relaxing watercolor to do with a leaf I brought home from a morning walk. It just occurred to me I’d like to sit down and try to paint the colors I saw there. Leaves in the fall fascinate me with their color combinations.
If you like to sketch and have just a beginner’s watercolor set…you could certainly paint your own. If not, the maple leaf in the Vintage Leaves set would also work for the front of this card. Use the archival Basic Black or Daffodil Delight if you don’t want the lines and use a leaf for your color inspiration. Just give it a try…you don’t have to show it to a soul. But I bet you will want to.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red Cardstock plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Basic Black (all other colors are watercolors, but you could certainly use reinkers too)
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves and Grateful Bunch (sentiment, I only used part of the sentiment) and Birthday Blooms (for you inside sentiment), Gorgeous Grundge (splats)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Leaflets Framelits, small round brush and watercolors (optional)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 2-1//8″ and 4-1/4″. Fold normally at 4-1/4″ then fold 2-1/8″ back against the card front.
- The Real Red layer is 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Add Multipurpose Glue to the folded back piece only and add the Real Red layer on top.
- The Watercolor paper layer is 5-1/4″ x 4″. If you are drawing your leaf freehand, you might want to use a colored pencil in one of the colors you plan to use in the leaf. Add water to just the background and add color of choice. Let dry or heat. Start with your lightest color choice (I used a warm yellow) to paint your leaf. Let dry or heat. Add colors you see in your leaf including any holes. Add veining in a darker shade. I outlined my leaf with a micron pen. Add shading using a combination of colors in your leaf. Splatters were added using the splats from Gorgeous Grundge and Real Red. Done!
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black on scrap of Thick Whisper White and cut out with framelit. Also cut a leaf from Real Red. Layer with Multipurpose Glue and add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside the Real Red layer is 5-1/4″ x 4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Whisper White layer is 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black.
- On scrap of Thick Whisper White stamp leaf in Basic Black. Use colors similar to the one on card front. Add splatters in Real Red and attach with dimensionals. This creates the “stop” for your easel.
Give this card a try…I know you will be HaPpY with the results!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
sick to death of all this hogwash.
So stay inky and Be HaPpY!