So yesterday I told you I had made a mistake on the card posted, but challenged you to find it…
Here’s that card…
The “mistake” was made while embossing the gold pine boughs. Some of the VersaMark Ink and Gold EP got on the Gold Foil and made a nice impression where I didn’t want it. Those impressions were covered up with the white pine boughs. But I loved the effect of the Gold EP on the Gold Foil.
So I made this…
and loved it! So I shared this technique of embossing on Foil with a live video on facebook today. This card is fairly simple and fast to make and would be an excellent mass produced card.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock, Gold Foil
- Ink: VersaMark and Basic Black Archival or StazOn Black
- Stamps: Christmas Pines and Greetings From Santa
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 5/8″ Gold Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Gold Embossing Powder, Adhesive Strips
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″
- The Gold Foil layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-7/8″. Stamp pine boughs and pine cones with VersaMark leaving room at top of this layer for bow and at bottom for sentiment. Sprinkle with Gold EP and heat from the back of Gold Foil paper. Stamp greeting at lower left corner (I only used part of this sentiment) Let this ink dry. Make double loops with sating ribbon and tie off in center with Linen Thread. Add to top of pine boughs and pine cones with Glue Dots.
- Add Gold Foil layer to Thick Whisper White layer with Multipurpose Glue. Add these two layers to card front with Adhesive Strips.
- Inside there is a Gold Foil layer 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a Thick Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ on top.
- How easy was that? And such an elegant Christmas card…
Tomorrow’s post will give you a choice for the card front…Clean, crisp watercolor or sparkly, snow scene. Be sure to stop by.
I wouldn’t be a good SU! Demo if I didn’t mention occasionally that all the products I use can be purchased at my online store…just click on the “Shop Now” star in the right column and your stampin’ goodies will be delivered to your door!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope you are inky…and HaPpY!