Today’s card is elegant…entirely in gold and white. I love the simple look of this card and I’ll tell you while making this card an idea popped into my head because of a mistake I thought I had made. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see that mistake…
Here’s today’s post and I’m pretty sure you will never see the mistake.
I totally forgot to take a pic of the inside, but it’s a gold layer with a white layer that is embossed with gold pine boughs in the lower right corner to coordinate with the card front.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Gold Foil
- Ink: VersaMark and Basic Black
- Stamps: Christmas Pines and Holly Berry Happiness
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Gold Embossing Powder, Pretty Pines Thinlits
- The Thick Whisper White base card I 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″. Stamp left of top center in VersaMark Ink with pine bough stamp, sprinkle with Gold EP and heat. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black Ink at lower right corner.
- The Gold Foil layer is 5″ x 2-1/2″ attached to card from slightly lower than center with Multipurpose Glue.
- The White layer is 4-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ attached to Gold Foil with Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut large and small bow and two pine cones from Gold Foil with Pretty Pines Thinlits. Cut one each of three pine boughs plus one other smaller piece from Thick Whisper White. Add a dab of glue and press in one pine bough, another dab and repeat until all boughs are placed. Glue pine cones together and add over boughs with Multipurpose Glue. Add smaller bow to larger with Glue Dot and both bows to card front with a piece of dimensional.
It literally took longer to come up with the idea for this card than to make it. I’d love to mass produce this one, but not sure I’d want to cut out all those pine cones and boughs. I do really like this card though.
So be sure to check in tomorrow and I’ll show you my mistake and what I was able to do with it…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I love talking to “the littles”…
Are you inky? Good, let’s be HaPpY!