Hope everyone is having a great Friday and plans for the weekend that make you happy. Me? I’m headed to the Great Smoky Mountains to meet with some friends from New Jersey. We have a full long weekend planned and I can’t wait.
The mountains should be full of color and I’ll share pics with you in the next couple of days.
Today I’m showing a gorgeous gold embossed Christmas card that was created especially for a customer who was looking for a card idea. She picked one out of the Holiday catalog and I’ve embellished it (seriously?…imagine that!) just a little. Here’s her card…
Simple but very impressive in person…love that Filigree Frame Embossing Folder. This card can be found on page 8. I’ve added an extra layer of Cherry Cobbler to set off the embossing layer. Hope she likes it. Here is a list of the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Ink: VersaMark
- Stamps: Cheerful Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Filigree Frame Embossing Folder, Pearls, Gold Embossing Powder, Darkest Red Blendability Pen
- The base Very Vanilla cardstock is cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Cherry Cobbler layer is cut 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The top Very Vanilla layer is cut 4″ x 5 1/4″
- There is also two layers inside the card…Cherry Cobbler 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and Very Vanilla layer 3 3/8″ x 4 3/8″
- Emboss the top Very Vanilla layer with the Filigree Frame EF.
- Stamp this layer with the Cheerful Christmas stamp in VersaMark ink and cover with gold embossing powder then heat
- Color five pearls with darkest red Blendability Pen and place on this same layer.
- Attach the top Very Vanilla layer to the Cherry Cobbler layer. Attach these two layers to the card front.
- Don’t forget your personalized stamp for the back and be sure to emboss just the envelop flap with the same embossing folder.
This card would be a really easy one to mass produce. If you didn’t want to use the pearls and maybe incur extra postage, you could always use the gold sequins in their place.
I’m so glad you stopped by today and I hope you found something inspiring. Have a great weekend…
Sounds like a plan to me…
Yep, I’m inky…and HaPpY!