A masculine card today…not just any masculine card either. It’s Sweetum’s birthday so it had to be special in every way. Here’s what I had sitting by his breakfast plate this morning…
and this shows the card opened…
He seemed to really like the card and especially the gift card to his favorite golf store. Masculine cards in general are challenging for me…how about you?
Does anyone recognize the paper on the front panel and the band at the bottom? First right answer will receive a handmade card from me!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Hello Honey, Island Indigo and Very Vanilla plus your favorite DSP (see…I didn’t tell you did I?) I’d recommend something from the Going Places DSP Stack…great masculine designs.
- Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Island Indigo
- Stamps: Going Global, Timeless Textures (border on message panel) and Number of Years (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Circle Framelits Dies, Linen Thread, Crystal Effects, Candy Dots Neutral
- The Hello Honey base is 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- The first layer, Island Indigo on the two panels is 2 5/8″ x 4 1/8″ attached to card base with adhesive
- The second layer, DSP on the two panels is 2 1/2″ x 4″ attached to Island Indigo layer with adhesive
- The Very Vanilla panel for message is 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ stamped with Soft Suede Timeless Textures border (2nd generation) and message in 1st generation Soft Suede. Attach to DSP panel layer with adhesive.
- The band is 11″ x 1 1/2″ for first layer and 11″ x 1 1/4″, scored at 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″. Wrap Linen Thread several times around band where it will show when card is shut and tie a knot.
- Stamp compass in Early Espress and color with Island Indigo and Hello Honey markers. Cut with Circle Framelit and add Crystal Effects over entire top. Let dry overnight.
- Stamp world map on Very Vanilla with Island Indigo, cut with Circle Framelit and sponge edges with Soft Suede. Sponge edges with Soft Suede and add Crystal Effects to top. Let dry overnight.
- Cut a piece of Island Indigo with Circle Framelit then one in Hello Honey to layer over Island Indigo layer and a smaller Very Vanilla circle stamped in 2nd generation Island Indigo, sponged with Soft Suede and sentiment in Early Espresso. Layer all three circles and add to back panel at top right corner.
- Add a Hello Honey and Island Indigo tag 1/2″ and 3/4″ long to top right corner of front panel. Add two Candy Dots to top tag.
- Now lets put this all together by first adding the band. Attach the 5 1/2″ piece to the front panel. Let the 5 1/2″ score bend toward you. Attach the 2 3/4″ score to the other end of the 11″ card base. Add the compass circle to the front panel and the world circle to right before the 5 1/2″ score. Fold close. This “fancy fold” is definitely a wow factor…
So Sweetums and I are waiting until tomorrow night to go out for dinner (his choice) and I’ll preorder him a special desert. We neither one need to have a whole birthday cake in the house!
We are supposed to have lots of rain over the weekend…so I’ll be in my studio whipping up designs to show you next week.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
you all must feel REALLY inspired!
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!