Have you noticed the stamp set in the new Annual Catalog on page 181 called Crafting Forever? I have had just the best time pulling that set out and focusing on making cards for all my crafty friends.
Over several days I hope to show you some of my ideas that may help to inspire you when using this stamp set.
Here’s a card that could come in handy for many different occasions and it’s “girlie” too!
Oh so simple and so cute too!
Glamour close up…
And a side view…
and a peek inside…
Can you think of how many times and situations this card would work? Yep, this is a good one to have on hand.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Powder Pink Cardstock plus water color paper
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Archival Basic Black and Powder Pink
- Stamps: Crafting Forever, Background Bits, Gorgeous Grunge (splats) and Soft Sayings Stamp Kit
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Scalloped Square Framelits, Stitched Square Framelits, Linen Thread, 1/2″ Powder Pink Ribbon, water color pencils and small round brush
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Powder Pink layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black, the script background in Smoky Slate stamped off first and the splats in Powder Pink stamped off.
- Cut a scalloped frame from Powder Pink CS and add to card front with SNAIL positioned to catch the sentiment inside frame.
- Cut a piece of Powder Pink Ribbon and add to top portion of card front layer with SNAIL. Add layer to card front with SNAIL or multipurpose glue.
- Make a bow with Powder Pink ribbon tying center with Linen Thread. Add over ribbon with glue dots.
- Stamp pen on water color paper with Archival Basic Black ink. Let dry. Color with Melon Mambo and Old Olive water color pencils. Smooth color with brush and a little water. Fussy cut pen and add to card front with Strip Adhesive or dimensionals.
- Inside the Powder Pink layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp script in Smoky Slate and splats in Powder Pink stamped off once.
- The Powder Pink splats and script in Smoky Slate (stamped off) were also added to the envelope on the lower left corner area to coordinate with the card front.
Love this girlie note card. Now do you think we can change this card up enough to make it a masculine card? Stop by tomorrow and let me know what you think…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Keep those fingers inky…be HaPpY!