About this time every year, gifts under $10 becomes a regular post entry. In monthly classes each month we usually make at least one of these projects to garner ideas for the upcoming holidays.
We all need thoughtful gifts for so many we come in contact with in our everyday lives, so let’s get started in 2016 with this little notebook which was purchased in a $1 store…
Here’s a side view so you can see the dimension on some of the details…
This was made for someone special in mind who loves kitties, you could also place the dog from this stamp set or more flowers. You can see it has been personalized with an initial.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder and Emerald Envy Cardstock plus Affectionately Yours DSP
- Ink: Craft White, Basic Black, Dapper Denim and Smoky Slate
- Stamps: Woodgrain (background), Sitting Here (kitty) and Layering Love (sentiment), Rough Type (k)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Lots of Labels Framelits, Itty Bitty Flower Punch, Swirly Bird Framelits (leaves)
- This particular note pad measures 4″ x 6″. You will cut your cover to coordinate with whatever size notebook you have. Draw a line with pencil across one short end. Lay the cut cardstock over the existing cover and mark the spiral holes with a line drawn from the hole to the pencil line. Use a small hole punch and punch a hole where the two lines intersect all across the top, then cut from the edge to the hole. The cover will snap right over the spirals now. I glued the Crumb Cake cover to the existing cover for a more substantial feel.
- Cut a piece of copy paper with the largest framelit I was using and attached it to the new cover with a small amount of snail and stamped the Dapper Denim woodgrain background.
- A piece of DSP from Affectionately Yours was cut with the same framelit and attached to the cover with Tombow Glue.
- The next smaller framelit was used for a Crumb Cake layer. The sentiment was stamped in Craft White ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heated to get a crisp impression.
- The kitty was stamped on a scrap of Whisper White and colored with an Aqua Painter and ink from the lid of Smoky Slate. Fussy cut the kitty forgetting about those whiskers. Stamp the kitty on the Crumb Cake layer under the sentiment…now you have your whiskers. Dry emboss from the back of the kitty to give him even more dimension and attach with dimensionals over the stamped image.
- Punch several flowers in Whisper White, and Watermelon Wonder. Cut leaves with Swirly Scribbles framelits from Emerald Envy and attach with glue dots. Use a Basic Black marker or a journaling pen to add lots of dots to flower centers.
- Cut a piece of DSP from one of the smaller framelits and a piece of Crumb Cake with the same framelit and glue together. Cut the smallest frame from Crumb Cake and add initial. Glue all three pieces together. Punch hole in top and cut a slit from edge to hole and pop on one of the spirals to personalize your notebook.
You can see in one of the photos a small pen covered with the Affectionately Yours Washi Tape. The tape doesn’t really stay stuck very well. I may try gluing DSP to a pen and see if that works better. You could use those golf score pencils covered with tape or DSP…might work even better.
Can hardly wait for my first big order to arrive….it will seem like Christmas around here. So many things on my list, but once the list was added up…some had to come off for next time!
Hope you are having a great Tuesday…Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Until I get to go to the moon…I’ll be inky and HaPpY!