Making home décor with Stampin’ Up! paper and product is one of my favorite things to do. Don’t get me wrong…I love making cards. But wait til you see what I have for you today.
A similar piece was on Pinterest and I loved it and immediately begin thinking how it was made. It took me several tries to get the circles and squares to work, and I love the result…
I’m so putting this up in my house to coordinate with the All Is Calm wreath already made. Wouldn’t this make a wonderful Christmas gift? And, under $10!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you so you don’t have to experiment like I did…
- Paper: All is Calm DSP and Whisper White cardstock and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Memento Black and Pool Party
- Stamps: Your Choice. I did use several from my Project Life sets. Sentiment is from Good Greeting (photopolymer)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Buy a frame. This one is 8″ x 16″. Whatever embellishments you have on hand or stamp…buttons, ribbon, brads, glimmer punched pieces.
- Take the frame apart and trace the matted piece on the back of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper and cut out.
- Cut a piece of cardboard (the backing in the DSP pack works well) the same size as the piece inside the frame and cover with your choice of All Is Calm DSP for the background.
- Now punch eight 1 3/4″ circles from the All Is Calm DSP
- Make a template from cardstock that measures 1 1/8″ x 1 1/8″ square. Use this template inside each circle to fold over all four sides.
- Decorate the inside of each circle. This is really fun and addicting I found. Had to make myself quit.
- Stamp your sentiment in lower right corner of your background.
- Arrange your little “quilt circles” starting with the top center. Once you have them the way you want them, attach with Glue Dots.
- Now put your pieces in the frame and enjoy!
This is a great project. I wish I had more time to maybe do a class with this one. There’s never enough time for all the ideas. Hope you get a chance to make one of these. Somebody will be very happy to receive it!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I have a very special reason for posting this today. I don’t want to tell you cause I’ll cry and maybe you will too. It’s still a sweet sentiment for those of us who have lost a loved one.
My fingers are inky and sticky…but I’m HaPpY!