What is it about pumpkins? And the pumpkin patch where there are hundreds to pick from but you always find just the right ones.
We should ask Charlie Brown…
Here’s my little pumpkin patch card for today…
These two are just right!
A glamour close up…
Lots of layers and texture.
And a peek inside.
These little oval pumpkins were cut from a piece of watercolor paper that went all wrong for the project I had planned but worked out perfectly for this one.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Watercolor Paper
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Painted Harvest (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Leaflet Framelits, Layered Ovals Framelits, Leaf Punch, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnish with a bone folder.
- The Bermuda Bay layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Ink the raised pattern on the Pinewood Planks EF with the Bermuda Bay Ink Pad, enclose the cardstock and run through the Big Shot to create the wood background. Add to card base with SNAIL.
- Cut two large leaves one in Whisper White and one in Bermuda Bay. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on the White one and attach over the Bermuda Bay leaf with SNAIL so that the Bermuda Bay leaf shows on one side. Attach to top of card front with multipurpose glue. The smaller leaf was cut from a scrap of watercolored paper and attached with dimensionals. Tie a Linen Thread bow around the stem of this leaf.
- Cut three ovals from Pumpkin Pie CS or watercolor paper in a larger size than three more smaller ovals. Emboss with Layered Leaves EF. Punch the Leaves with Leaf Punch (Painted Harvest Bundle) from scrap of Old Olive. Trim to leave one leaf and stem.
- To make the pumpkins add SNAIL to top right of one oval, place second oval slightly slanted from top toward center over SNAIL. Add third oval on top with dimensionals. Add stem/leaf with glue dot. Add both pumpkins to lower left corner of card front.
- Inside the Bermuda Bay layer is 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Emboss with Pinewood Planks EF and Bermuda Bay Ink just at the bottom. Add to card with SNAIL.
Hope your “hump day” has been awesome…I finished with my FaceTime rehearsals today for OnStage. Feeling pretty confident about my presentation and hope everyone enjoys the samples I’ve created with this brand new stamp set for Spring!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
well…that sounds fine with me.
Stay inky…be HaPpY!