This card today is an example of why I love this stamp set Sheltering Tree so much. My daughter’s best friend tragically lost her husband last week and she wanted a special card to send to her.
Here is the card…
She call when she got the card to say it made her cry because it was the perfect card for the two of them. You see, they have been friends since elementary school.
But. of course, this doesn’t have to be a sympathy card at all even though it does work well for that. It seems also perfect for a thank you card, birthday or miss you/thinking of you card. Can you tell I love this set?
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card layout…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride and Whisper White cardstock, plus Something Borrowed DSP
- Ink: Memento Black, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, Soft Suede, Pear Pizazz
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Oh my goodness! None…
- The Sahara Sand base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The first layer of DSP is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The stamped tree layer is 4″ x 4 1/4″ Blushing Bride and 3 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ Whisper White
- The sentiment layer is 1″ x 4 1/4″ Blushing Bride and 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ Whisper White
- Attach the DSP layer to the Sahara Sand card base.
- Stamp the Sheltering Tree images to the Whisper White and attach to the Blushing Bride layer. Attach this combined layer to the top of the card front with dimensionals..
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Black on the 3/4″ Whisper White and attach to the 1″ x 4 1/4″ Blushing Bride. Attach to card front with dimensionals.
- You can see in the photo I cut an envelope liner from the same DSP. You can’t see that I also stamped a partial tree on the envelope to coordinate with the card front.
In sad times like this, it helps to be able to pour your heart and feelings into a card and give it to lift someone else.
I’m so glad you stopped by my blog today. Hope you have found inspiration in this post.
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!