Several demos I’ve met over the years have become really good friends. We keep in touch almost daily and last week a challenge was issued to CASE the card in the annual catalog on page 35. The challenge was on!
Now I don’t own that particular stamp set (gasp!) but we could substitute the stamps but follow the sketch of the card. Here’s my challenge card.
Other than the stamp, I was true to the sketch. This is a great way to jump start your MOJO if you get stuck. Take a sample from the catalog and recreate it. Along the way you add changes that are unique to your style.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake cardstock plus Pretty Petals Paper Stack
- Ink: Memento Black, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
- Stamps: Basic Butterfly
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Basic Pearls, Venetian Crochet Trim, Itty Bitty Flower Punch, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Two-Way Glue, Banner Triple Punch and Dazzling Diamonds
- The Very Vanilla base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The embossed layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed and added to card front with dimensionals
- The DSP layer is 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, punched with Banner Triple Punch and added to the card front with adhesive
- The Crumb Cake layer is 1 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, punched with Triple Banner Punch, stamped with sentiment and Venetian Crochet trim added to bottom before attaching with adhesive over the dsp layer
- Double punch the flowers, attach two together with glue dots and to card front with glue dots. Add Basic Pear.
- Stamp flower image on Very Vanilla, color with markers or Blender Pens. Add two-way glue to flowers and dust with Dazzling Diamonds. Fussy Cut and add to card front with pieces of dimensionals.
Because the sentiment is somewhat general, this card could be used for several different occasions.
Hope you are having a great day today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Will Rogers was a smart man…
Inky fingers…will make you HaPpY!