The Eclipse technique really caught on this year even though it is making a return visit to the stamping world.
But with the total eclipse we had earlier this year, it just seems right to end the year with an eclipse Christmas.
Several of these framed Christmas home décor pieces will find their way into friends and loved ones homes during the holidays…
Everyone will want to know where the frame came from…Hobby Lobby. And the opening is 5″ x 10″.
The raised letters were done with Fun Foam.
Had to get a shot with the Dazzling Diamonds doing its thing.
I just love this technique!
Now I’ve made these with the letters spelling “joy” and “Noel” too. You’re only limited by the opening in the frame. This frame did have glass, but that was discarded.
If you find a frame you can’t resist, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this technique…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstick
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Powder Pink, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive
- Stamps: Good Tidings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Dazzling Diamonds Powder, Large Letters Framelits, Fun Foam (1/8″ thick), Self Adhesive Sheets
- The opening to this frame is 5″ x 10″. Cut your Thick Whisper White to the dimensions of your frame opening.
- Stamp all your holly and berry stamps after positioning where you want your sentiment to be.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Give it a few minutes to dry or it might smudge.
- Add a piece of Self Adhesive Sheet to the back of the Fun Foam. Cut your letters from this section so that all the letters have Adhesive Sheet on the back.
- Draw a light pencil line across the stamped piece where you want the bottom of the letters to be. Add Adhesive Sheet to the back of this stamped piece where the letters will be cut. Lay this piece on your Magnetic Board and place your Framelits for each letter for spacing. In the case where you might have double letters like I did here, add the Fun Foam just for placement and remove before cutting letters. Cut letters out.
- Add the stamped letter to the Fun Foam letter by removing the protective sheet. You will need a backing sheet attached to the back of your stamped piece. Removed protective covering from Fun Foam letters and add back into place on the stamped piece. Because the center of my “R” letter had stamping on it, I included them. If the centers of your letters do not have stamping on them, make your backing piece the cardstock color your are using and it can show through where letters have openings. Like an “O” or “B” for example.
- Once you have all the letters placed, add some water to a blob of multipurpose glue and apply where your want the Dazzling Diamonds Powder. Sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds.
- Add to frame and you are done!
This would make the perfect hostess gift!
Oh my goodness, I can’t believe all the comments! I WILL answer all of them, but not until we pick a winner tomorrow so that all will be included. I plan to number each one and let Sweetums pick a number then announce the winner in tomorrow’s post! Good Luck!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
all of these things…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!