Thinking ahead to April when Lyla (one of “the littles”) will be celebrating her 9th birthday, I’ve made her a frame for her desk with a picture of her and her best buddy, Stitch…
Is that just adorable or what? He is just a baby and they are inseparable.
The “frame” really isn’t a frame at all. It is a Kate Spade window box that held 18 pretty push pins. It was just so well made I felt it could be repurposed as a frame. But what kicks it up a notch or two are the Botanical Builder Framelits.
You could make this with any frame you find at Hobby Lobby or wherever you buy your frames.
Here are a few Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black and Old Olive cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Perfect Picture (sentiment) Isn’t that sentiment perfect for this picture?
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Botanical Builder Framelits, 1″ Watermelon Wonder Satin Ribbon, 1″ Watermelon Wonder Lace Trim, Large Number Framelits
- If you are making a frame from a box like I did, glue the 1″ Watermelon Wonder ribbon around the sides of the box top first.
- Make two bows, one satin and one lace using Linen Thread to tie them at centers. Glue with hot glue gun the lace ribbon toward the front edge and the satin ribbon just behind the lace one.
- Using the Botanical Builder Framelits and all the cardstock colors, cut out lots of flowers and leaves and “build” your blooms. Everything was attached to the frame with hot glue gun to keep it strong.
- Stamp the banner and sentiment in Basic Black on Thick Whisper White and cut with framelit from Large Numbers Framelits. Cut another banner in Watermelon Wonder and set behind the Whisper White. Attach to frame bottom with hot glue.
This was such a fun project and came together quickly. Lyla and I had gone shopping last Saturday while I was in Florida at this amazing shop a friend took me to called Whim So Doodle and that’s where I picked up the Kate Spade push pins. Lucky me the box was so cute… as were the pins.
This week Sally Atchley from St. Petersburg, Florida joined my team…I’m so excited for her and that we will share our passion for creating beautiful things with stamps. We met at the beach last summer where we were both entertaining our grandkids the last week before school started and have been fast friends every since. We are planning another summer at the beach this year too! It amazes me how stamping has lead me on new paths and sweet friendships.
Have to mention that my daughter has arrived in the states (after a grueling travel schedule) from South Korea and will be here two weeks! HaPpY dance all over the place…
Hope you are enjoying your day and creating beautiful things…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!